Still Waters

"He leadeth me beside still waters. He restoreth my soul" - Psalm 23:2
Last week I joined an infertility support group called "Still Waters." I am so thankful for this group of women who understand the "seemingly endless cycle of hope and grief." I was touched and inspired by the stories shared. It was sobering when I learned that I am one of the youngest in the group and the one who has been dealing with infertility the shortest amount of time. I can't imagine the pain and struggle of being on this journey for 3, 5, 11 years! I am so encouraged by the author of the devotional book I am reading entitled "Guide me through this barren land." Vicki Caswell and her husband were never able to have children and did not feel called to adoption. She is now living a child-free life and is very happy; a true example that God does restore souls.
Maybe this journey will end next year for me (which is the prayer) Maybe it won't. Whatever lies ahead, I have hope that God will teach me every step of the way that "there can be peace in the storm, hope in the heartache and purpose in the pain."