Home sweet home

I'm not sure if this last week would be considered a bump in the road or a pot hole. To make a long story short, B. was in the hospital for about 5 days, 3 of which he spent sedated and on a ventilator. It was so creepy and sad to see my husband laying lifeless, his chest rising and falling as puffs of air rhythmically passed into his lungs. There were a few moments he opened his eyes and motioned for something to write with. One time, the Dr. was standing over B. as he scribbled something on a piece of paper. I was on the other side of the bed. After reading what B. wrote, the Dr. looked at me with a smile and said, "That's not for me." I went and looked at his chicken scratch and saw the words "I love you."
I am SO happy he is home and healing. This ordeal was awful but a great reminder of life's fragility and what is truly important.